 Trains / *14144 (-10)
  getting closer to unveiling the...

My almost finished BNSF covered hopper, is that, almost done. I've started on the UP covered hopper, & a UP Box car too. I'm also working on 2 60' mill gondola's. well i guess that was boring, but anyways... josh (23 years ago, 2-Sep-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: double container waggon

(...) Looks nice, but I was wondering why you had the large drop in the center of your car since the containers all rest on top of the car. Chris (23 years ago, 31-Aug-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: PNLTC's LEGOLAND photo gallery is up (finally)

Tim - That is my MOC. It isn't intended as a volkswagon thing, but now you mention, it does look like one. I basically tried to compress one of the mininland cars shown in the DK lego book down to a 4-wide version. It's one of my favorite four wide (...) (23 years ago, 1-Sep-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: PNLTC's LEGOLAND photo gallery is up (finally)

(...) First I'd like to say that is an absolutely impressive display. Just breath-taking. I love all the details in each area. There are just too many wonderful MOC's to start commenting on them all. Congratulations on a job well done. That said, (...) (23 years ago, 1-Sep-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Lego train article in Garden Railways magazine

(...) You're both right. In built up areas the rails are attached directly to concrete (very unprototypical) and in countryside settings, they rest on ties as you describe, But the ties are offscale, too large and too widely spaced. Frank's (...) (23 years ago, 1-Sep-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Lego train article in Garden Railways magazine

My recollection of the trains at LEGOLAND California was that the gauge was larger than No. 1. I also remember the rail looking like rectangular aluminum stock with much of it fastened in concrete, although some of the "country" scenes had ties, as (...) (23 years ago, 1-Sep-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: double container waggon

Nice car. I think you have captured the prototype well. I'm always looking for different intermodal ideas, and this is a type of car not seen in North America. "Jeroen de Haan" <jeroendehaan@mac.com> wrote in message news:GIx8C4.3tK@lugnet.com... (...) (23 years ago, 1-Sep-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: NYC Subway site

Great site.... I found the metro used lately as a monorail model used lately at some American show: (URL) least I believe so. Sonnich Jake McKee <sink@countersinkdg.com> wrote in message news:GIwnLt.7n0@lugnet.com... (...) train (...) of (...) (23 years ago, 1-Sep-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: PNLTC's LEGOLAND photo gallery is up (finally)

(...) Wow. I've been looking at this on & off for a few days now, and I'm overwhelmed. There is so much fantastic work, I can't be superlative enough... trying to come up with highlights against a background like this is beyond me. This was a (...) (23 years ago, 1-Sep-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Lego train article in Garden Railways magazine

(...) Hmmmm..... I don't have the magazine with me at work today but I recall the pictures I saw, had what looked like aluminium (or nickel) rails with wood ties. There definately were ties set in what looked like gravel/dirt. I don't remember off (...) (23 years ago, 31-Aug-01, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact