 Trains / *13684 (-10)
  Re: Train Weight Question

(...) The train motors have small rubber o-rings around the wheels, they are what grips the rails to provide traction. By putting extra weight in the locomotive, it helps keep them from slipping. I believe you can get the weights from Pitsco. Or, (...) (23 years ago, 1-Aug-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Train Weight Question

Okay, this is a question about train weights. What do train weights do? I assume that they put more weight on the motor so that it won't slip, but I'm not sure. Someone please tell me what they are for. If they are to put weight on the drive wheels, (...) (23 years ago, 31-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: NYPD car

(...) Just cross posting to .town Josh (23 years ago, 31-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: G scale lego trains

He's serious! He saw a pair of G scale trucks in my LEGO room the other night and I saw his wheels spinning (pun intended)! Then he read my Lugnet bio: "Someday I will build... A "G" scale train system out of LEGO (14 studs wide)" and called it (...) (23 years ago, 31-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: G scale lego trains

(...) Ooh I am looking forward to this one..... Chris P.S. Are you trolling or are you serious? (...) (23 years ago, 31-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains)

  a new member gives thanks

i would like to thank every one in the train disscussion groop who posted for me while my computer was pozesed. i finaly figured out that lugnut wasent accepting my information due to a different name on my e mail. my name is ondrew not ronald (my (...) (23 years ago, 31-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains)

  G scale lego trains

A search of lugnet trains didn't get far so and excuse me if this has been discussed before. What scale have people used when building G scale trains? I understand the following are common: 1:32 1:29 1:22.5 All of which run on the same size G scale (...) (23 years ago, 31-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: what is the use of a caboose?

To get the discussion back on Lego track again: I've recieved my copy of the Caboose set today, and I've discovered two worthwhile modifications. First, for the elevated section, if you position the red plates 1 x 4 underneath the pairs of black (...) (23 years ago, 31-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains)

  NYPD car

the police car I used is origionally from the Pier Police set-i think it was 6540, not sure. I had it all in pieces until a few weeks ago, when I built my town. i realized i needed a small police force so i rebuilt it with a new lightbar, police (...) (23 years ago, 31-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: what is the use of a caboose?

"Simon Bennett" <simon.bennett@ntlworld.com> wrote in message news:GHCGIB.4Gx@lugnet.com... (...) <big snip> Thanks Simon Facinating what you can learn discussing Lego :-) regards lawrence (23 years ago, 31-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact