 Trains / *10129 (-20)
  Re: Display your LUG's logo on LUGNET

Yes, logos for LTCs are needed too. Ideally, I'd like those to appear on each clubs's LUGNET newsgroup home page. But judging by the lack of activation of those newsgroups, putting all LTC logos on .trains.org makes sense. Do others agree? -Suz (...) (24 years ago, 5-Feb-01, to lugnet.org, lugnet.trains.org)

  my LEGO display

Hi, The local library asked me to display some of my Lego collection, since they had two glass display cabinets in the reading area that were empty. I filled one cabinet completely with train stuff (mostly MOCs). Since I only had a two weekends to (...) (24 years ago, 5-Feb-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains) !

  Re: Display your LUG's logo on LUGNET

Suz, What about the LTCs, could you include a collection of the different club logos on the .trains.org page? jt ----- James Trobaugh (...) (24 years ago, 5-Feb-01, to lugnet.org, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: From the first LEGO(r) Train Summit: LEGO(r) Trains are alive and well

(...) Yes, while the number at Lugnet may be small, each of us has a wider reach than might be first thought. I buy for myself, and my daughter. She goes to 10-12 birthday parties a year. These children get Lego from her as presents, for some it has (...) (24 years ago, 5-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  another voice from the first summit

I have to mind the NDA we all signed, but I'd like to offer a few more comments after attending the First LEGO Train Summit this weekend. In case you don't know, "NDA" stands for "Non Disclosure Agreement". Basically, we cannot talk specifics about (...) (24 years ago, 5-Feb-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.trains)

  Re: From the first LEGO(r) Train Summit: LEGO(r) Trains are alive and well

Larry, Thanks to you and other representatives of the train clubs for your work on this. And thank you Lego for keeping the communication channels open. I'm absolutely thrilled with the news. Keep up the good work. Bryan Kinkel "Larry Pieniazek" (...) (24 years ago, 5-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Harvey Henkelman - please mail me !

To the Lungetters - sorry to bother ! Harvey -pelase mail me asap ! Dejan # 595 (24 years ago, 5-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Questions about 8 wide

(...) Robert,welcome to the marvellous world of 8wide! :-) About lenght: 8wide is as big as O gauge,but the radii of curves are much smaller(half of smaller O gauge radii)....this is a big limit,because you can't build trains at their effective (...) (24 years ago, 5-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Sith Express

Just arrived...the Sith Express. Full coverage @: (URL) (24 years ago, 5-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: From the first LEGO(r) Train Summit: LEGO(r) Trains are alive and well

(...) lol BION, I'm pretty sure I never uttered the sacred phrase "8 wide" to Brad at all. In the pic where he and I are laughing, I think we were talking about one of your MOCs, Lar >;-D (...) We *almost* needed it for SteveB, though;-) (inside (...) (24 years ago, 5-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: From the first LEGO(r) Train Summit: LEGO(r) Trains are alive and well

lol The rest of the attendees have barely arrived home and the thread has already burned out;-) We did have a great time with the LD personnel and amongst attendees ourselves. I really enjoyed renewing old acquaintances and meeting others F2F for (...) (24 years ago, 5-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 8-Wide Locomotive

Great use of technic, Mike! I think the loco looks pretty good. The only enhancement I can think is to use the half wide technic beams with no studs (URL) - they'd probably look even better! And the tie is generally closer to the centre of the (...) (24 years ago, 5-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Questions about 8 wide

Robert- Welcome to trains! :-) And congratulations on your width choice;-) I will try and answer some of your questions as I have been modeling in 8 wide for quite some time now... Modeling 8 wide is approximate to modeling in O scale, or 1:48. A (...) (24 years ago, 5-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Moc: 8-Wide Locomotive

Hi all, This is my first attempt at modeling a train in 8-wide. I'd have to say that im still not sure which size I like better. This model is loosely based on a Canadian Pacific 4-4-4 'Jubilee' that I saw on a website. The large gears with chains (...) (24 years ago, 5-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My latest MOC

(...) Mike, It definitely is a product of EMD(the prototype), once you obtain the photograph, I can tell you the particular model and it's statistics if you are so interested. -Harvey (...) (24 years ago, 5-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Monorail/Train Transit Terminal

I've submitted this as a "large building" for the town building contest. Brad Hamilton <bhamilto1@home.com> wrote in message news:G87J31.40w@lugnet.com... (...) half-arch (...) red (...) (24 years ago, 5-Feb-01, to lugnet.build, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: From the first LEGO(r) Train Summit: LEGO(r) Trains are alive and well

(...) [snip] Larry, This is great news, I can't wait to see the new sets and I hope it's soon! Long live LEGO Trains! Robin Werner Greater Florida LEGO Train Club (24 years ago, 5-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Monorail/Train Transit Terminal

That building looks pretty neat. I only recently started building 4-sided buildings myself. Almost all of my prior stuff was only 6 or 8 studs deep with no back! I took a major step forward with my natural history museum. I think it is at least 20 (...) (24 years ago, 5-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Need 10 Red Plate, Modified 1 x 6 with Train Wagon End

(...) If you could use brown, go find 5 copies of 7104 Desert Skiff. These have been seen in some K-Marts for $4. Some other good bits in that set. Ray (24 years ago, 5-Feb-01, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Need 10 Red Plate, Modified 1 x 6 with Train Wagon End

"Jonathan Johnson" <lightfoot@earthling.net> wrote in message news:3a7df838.157992...net.com... (...) Exactly the reason I suggested using black. They are a little easier to come by and the pictures I have seen of Santa Fe locomotives tend to have (...) (24 years ago, 5-Feb-01, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact