 Town / 9995
Re: New Trains-n-Town website.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.town
Date:
Wed, 6 Feb 2008 14:15:19 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Jeff Szklennik wrote:
In lugnet.trains, Eric Kingsley wrote:
SNIP

Looks cool!  One thing I noticed: on the brick word 'trains' in the logo pic,
the yellow 'a' has the 1x3 along the bottom. I wonder if the 1x3 should be
vertical along the right side to better imitate the line on the letter 'a'.
when I looked at it, I thought it remotely looked like a modern 'Q'  with the
1x3 representing the bottom horizontal line on 'Q'.  I noticed this 'cause I
think the logo is very colorfully-geometrically-playful & that's awesome, so I
was really looking at the letters & buildings and logo-rifficness.  The overall
site layout looks easy to navigate & understand; nice page.

Jeff

Jeff,

Thanks for the input.  I am glad folks like the layout, I worked hard to try and
put as much functionality into the site before I opened it up.  I also did a lot
of work experimenting with colors and design so I am glad the work has paid off.

Of course with that said, the one part of the site I am not happy with is the
logo.  I am asking folks to submit options for the Logo.  If I end up using your
logo for the site and the image I have is high enough quality for putting on a
T-Shirt I will get that person a T-Shirt free of charge once they are available.

Thanks again,

-Eric Kingsley