 Town / 9684
Re: Honolulu Chinatown building MOC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Thu, 12 Apr 2007 17:27:08 GMT

In lugnet.town, Roy Gal wrote:
   Hi all,

I’ve pretty much completed my first MOC of a building from Honolulu’s historic Chinatown.

More pictures are in the Brickshelf gallery

Located at the NE corner of King Street and Nuuanu Ave, this building houses the Home Street Bank. Some interesting details include the front doors, the ATM, completed interior and SNOTty roofline. Much of the ground floor is also SNOT. There’s also old 4.5v lighting system throughout, including the ATM area. I’ll add some ‘nighttime’ pics later.

As you can see, some parts are the wrong color. If anyone has the following in sand green (I think they don’t yet exist), that would be great: 1x1 technic brick with hole, wedge plate 2x3 left/right, wedge plate 6x6

Hopefully this is just the first in a series of buildings from this neighborhood. Honolulu’s Chinatown is a historic district with many interesting 1-3 story buildings from the 1920s and 1930s, reminiscent of some California towns. They seem pretty amenable to reproduction in Lego....

Comments/suggestions always welcome!

Aloha

Roy

Nice work Roy. Now you have to do the street over with all the market vendors and stands outside. The Chinatown Historic District is always fun to visit.

So when are you going to tackle doing the Hawaii State Captial building just down King St. from your MOC building? Or maybe the Dole Cannery with it’s signature Pineapple water tank? :)

Also, the following website is very nice for some great landmark buildings that show some spectacular detail in Honolulu.

http://www.vthawaii.com/OAHU/Register/Nregister.html

Aloha! ~tk