 Town / 9682
Re: Honolulu Chinatown building MOC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Wed, 11 Apr 2007 22:30:49 GMT

In lugnet.town, Jonathan Lopes wrote:
   In lugnet.town, Roy Gal wrote:
   Hi all,

I’ve pretty much completed my first MOC of a building from Honolulu’s historic Chinatown.

   As you can see, some parts are the wrong color. If anyone has the following in sand green (I think they don’t yet exist), that would be great: 1x1 technic brick with hole, wedge plate 2x3 left/right, wedge plate 6x6

This is very nice. It has a very believable feel to it, which I like. I particularly like the snot roofline. It is just perfect in its architectural simplicity. Definitely something I plan on copying.

The lights, the interior and great ATM are the icing on the cake here.

I am not a big fan of the studs on the awning. I am thinking that if you tiled it, it might help out with the wedge plates not being available in Sand Green. It would cover them up a bit.

I’d love to see you do a series of buildings!

Very nice.

Best,

Jonathan

Jonathan, Thanks! I have to say that your NY buildings are fantastic - I grew up there and my family is still there, so they are extra special!

I agree that tiles might work better. I will try some different arrangements to see how they work; luckily the awning is very easily remove. I’d like to keep it thin to match the real-life metal awning....

Roy