 Town / 9588
  Australian road train

(5 URLs) BS> (when modded) (URL) Flickr> Hi all, A different sort of train but still six-wide ;) Been wanting to do one of these for a long time but was never happy with the grille and nose. Thanks to many ideas and some harassing by misterzumbi I (...) (17 years ago, 22-Mar-07, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX) !!

  Re: Australian road train

Having recently traveled the entire length of the Eyre highway from Norseman to Port Augusta in both directions and passing many road trains of all kinds, I can tell you that you got the look down perfect :) (17 years ago, 22-Mar-07, to lugnet.town)

  Re: Australian road train

(...) I remember as a kid being scared s**tless when we overtook those things between Mackay and Brisbane. As an adult knowing what sort of stresses and 'cures' the drivers put themselves through I think I'd be even more scared. Tim (17 years ago, 22-Mar-07, to lugnet.town)

  Re: Australian road train

(...) Very nice, but let's be honest here-- it may be six-wide, but it is 8 wide scale:-) And its 6 wide containers would look spiffy on (URL) this>:-d (hmmm, intermooodal:-d) JOHN (17 years ago, 22-Mar-07, to lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: Australian road train

(...) lol. I just look up the dimensions of these things and they're restricted to 2.5m wide including mirrors. 8 wide is about 0.8 studs to the foot for US trains (IIRC) so 7/0.8=2.66m so you're right. I thought these things were bigger. They sure (...) (17 years ago, 22-Mar-07, to lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: Australian road train

(...) But the new LEGO containers are 6 wide! JOHN (17 years ago, 22-Mar-07, to lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: Australian road train

(...) They're also hideously ugly. I'll make an MOC to use them after you display them at a show ;) Tim (17 years ago, 22-Mar-07, to lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: Australian road train

Bang goes another kanga on the bonnet of the van! :^) So, has anyone ever made a minifig-scale roo? Well played, Tim! Ladasky Home Solar, Inc.: blowing sunshine up your power grid since March 24, 2005. Fiat lux! Uptime: 723 days Downtime: 8.0 hours (...) (17 years ago, 23-Mar-07, to lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: Australian road train

Very eye catching... And it is rare I comment on anything train related. I really like the sleek 'realness' of this thing. God Bless, Nathan (URL) (17 years ago, 26-Mar-07, to lugnet.town, FTX)