 Town / 8528
Re: 2006 New Town Sets Sneak Peek
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Sat, 8 Oct 2005 06:52:05 GMT

In lugnet.town, Christopher J. Dean wrote:
   Hey everyone.

While perusing Brickshelf, I came across this gallery:

The buildings are pretty ho-hum, but the vehicles look great. I really like that Lego concentrated on the little details, like an IV of sorts on the ambulance stretcher. The jet fuselage looks like it’s a bulk piece, or at least the roof is.

Hopefully the sets will be available in stores, and not through just lego, like some of the current town sets.

My checking account is going to hate me after seeing these sets...

Build Well.

C.

Things I noticed ...

Ambulance This might be the best Lego ambulance ever. I want one! Lots of detail. And we get 1x3x4 doors in white!

Hospital At first I was a little disappointed, but it’s probably a good starter set for kids. Why the elevated baseplate? Also, those red walls look like they’re 1x4x6 windows but with a red panel instead of the glass. Is this a new part? Overall, I feel like the set didn’t quite reach its potential. The 2005 police station had more themed rooms and playability.

Medic car Nice smaller set for the theme. Thanks, Lego, for including doors!

Medic helicopter Awesome set! Made from real bricks, too! Are those new medic flight minifigs? They look great. Lots of playability here.

Airport fire truck This looks like an E-one Titan. Or a minature version of the one I built. :-) Probably the most realistic airport fire truck Lego has ever released. I like it a lot.

Passenger airplane Love the realistic scale! Hate the one-piece nose. But that’s been discussed in other threads.

Airport I actually think it’s not too bad. Again, there seems to be more attention to realism with the jetways (walkways to the plane) and the truck to tow the airplane.

Can’t wait to get my hands on them. It’s nice to see the city lineup expand beyond fire and police.

-Steven