 Town / 8162
Re: Groveport Ohio Town Hall
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Sun, 13 Mar 2005 20:38:33 GMT

In lugnet.town, Paul Janssen wrote:
   For a long-running show COLTC had from Nov 1 - Dec 30th at the Groveport Art Center (Groveport, Ohio), located in the Groveport Town Hall, I build a scale replica of the building. It has been used in several shows already, but this is the first “official” picture shoot. I tried to capture as much of the detail as possible, and myself am most pleased about the various door and windows constructions. I very much enjoyed building it, there was much less repetitiveness than in my large skyscrapers, and this more of a challenge sometimes. On the other hand, it did deplete my stock of many elements, most notably over 1000 jumper plates that have been used to off-set sections by half a brick to increase the level of detail (but Bricklink took care of the shortages).

Paul,

As you know, I’m completely enamored with this building. After the COSI show, I really wanted to take it home with me.

I took a ton of pictures that weekend and have already starting borrowing details. These yellow cement posts in my parking lot were borrowed from you. I like all the SNOT doors, drain pipes, and recessed windows.

Excellent work. Spotlighted!

Jason Spears | BrickCentral | MichLUG | CLB