 Town / 7919
7918  |  7920
Subject:
Town Hall - Micro Scale for Lego Factory Contest
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Tue, 30 Nov 2004 01:09:43 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

My first entry into the Lego Factory Contest - a fully detailed Town Hall (Brickshelf Link available after moderation)

This of course looks very similar to my 2001 Town Building Contest category winner: Laural Hall - but in about 1/4th the scale! It actually has details that the larger model lacks (specifically the 1/2 stud window sills on the second floor).

The model comprises 567 pieces (only ~25 different types of pieces), and weighs less than 13 ounces according to the LDD software.

The LDD software is very painful to use, but micro scale is very intriguing - and it has gotten me excited to build again....I almost have enough parts to build the micro Town Hall in real bricks, except for the baseplate.

I only wish the Lego Factory contest site allowed larger pictures to be viewed. Some of the entries appear to have great details, but it’s hard to see in such a small thumbnail. The “expanded” thumbnails aren’t that much better either.

Mark