 Town / 7685
Re: motorized cars?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Fri, 6 Aug 2004 02:49:43 GMT

In lugnet.town, Joe Strout wrote:

That's very cool!  Any idea how they work?

if you're good with babelfish you might be able to puzzle out www.faller.de
(go to HO, then to car-system) to figure out how they work.

I'm guessing but I think they have internal batteries, they go to spots and stop
because their magnet sensors tell them to, and they charge up to go to the next
stop. Whether they follow radio the way that the Miniland ones do or optical or
electrical or what, I'm not sure. I know it's not mechanical because I've seen
these in operation at train shows we've been at.

Here's one of the sets on the Walthers site:

http://www.walthers.com/exec/productinfo/272-161513

Maybe you can glean a bit more that way.

Hope that helps.

++Lar