 Town / 7684
Re: motorized cars?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Thu, 5 Aug 2004 22:29:22 GMT

In article <I1zv9G.Iox@lugnet.com>, "Russell Clark" <rclark@telis.org>
wrote:

In lugnet.town, Joe Strout wrote:
Has anyone done anything with motorized cars that drive around the town?
(I mean, anyone besides LegoLand!)

I've thought of a couple of vague ideas:

- magnets under the street that pull the cars along
- a slotted street that guides motorized cars
- robotic cars that follow the center line on the road
- street cars pulled back and forth by a string above the street

...but I'm not particularly happy with any of these.  Any other ideas or
experience to share?

Not LEGO, but there is a huge HO-scale train layout in Germany that has
thousands of computer controlled cars driving around the layout:

http://www.miniatur-wunderland.de/html2/framepage.htm

That's very cool!  Any idea how they work?

|    Joseph J. Strout         Check out the Mac Web Directory:     |
|    joe@strout.net           http://www.macwebdir.com             |