 Town / 7620
7619  |  7621
Subject:
Spider-Man Origins, 4851
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Mon, 19 Jul 2004 22:52:24 GMT

Hi all,

I just picked up set 4851, Spider-Man Origins, and it's a great set.  I found a
couple of interesting piece choices that didn't make a lot of sense, and
wondered if anyone had any idea why they did this.

On step 9 of the instructions for the Green Goblin's lab, two of the 1x2 brick
with groove:
http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/4216
are used with the groove facing inward--in such a way that this is
indistinguisable from a normal 1x2 brick.

On step 1 of the radioactive spider lab, instead of using a 2x3 brick in tan,
they use a 2x2 with pin:
http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/6232
stuck into a 1x2 technic brick with one hole:
http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/3700
They're not using it as a pivot or anything; the only difference between using
this and a normal 2x3 brick is that this then has a little circle on the front.

Don't get me wrong, I'd much rather have a few more speciallized elements rather
than four more basic bricks that I already have many of, but I'm just puzzled as
to why LEGO used these elements?  Looking at the pictures on the back of the box
it doesn't seem like these are particularly important for the alternate models
(anyway, it's been a long time since they included extra elements for the sake
of the alternate models).

Bruce