 Town / 7525
New MOCs: 6-wide trucks
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Sat, 5 Jun 2004 22:05:20 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Hi all,

I posted some pics of a couple of town trucks I made.

The first one,

<<http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=783119>>

has steering wheels. Note the realistic angle of the wheels, achieved using two
technic motorbike pivots:

<http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=783121>

The trailer has working stand, moved through the spare wheel. The spare wheel is
protected by a cage made with a couple od round bars. These are upside down,
giving this orientation to the whole trailer frame.

<http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=783122>

Not seen in the pic, there's a worm screw moving a 16 teeth gear, which acts as
a rack.

Also the Coke truck

<<http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=783126>>

has a similar mechanism, but made in a simpler way. (There's a lever: one side
is lifted by the worm screw and the other side lowers the stand.)

No steering wheels, here, but I'll soon make an openable hood.

Please note that I took inspiration from here
<http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=82608> for the tractor.
Of course I improved it
;-)
:-P