 Town / 7516
    Need inspiration for town buildings —Brian Kendig
   I've been wanting to build buildings around my Lego railroad - not just open-backed buildings like are in most Lego sets, but buildings which look good from all directions. But I've been sadly suffering from an utter lack of inspiration. I could use (...) (20 years ago, 28-May-04, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

        Re: Need inspiration for town buildings —John Barnes
     (...) I went through the same problem while our local train club converted my Mindstorms/Technic interest into a more general Lego town/train interest. Most of my initial inspiration came from browsing brickshelf's huge wealth of train show pics. So (...) (20 years ago, 28-May-04, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

         Re: Need inspiration for town buildings —Erik Olson
     Hear, hear. By all means go out and look around. Take some photos. When I started doing this, I could be anywhere and guessing how many bricks wide, high etc. something would be. (Of course you make crazy exaggerations as needed.) (20 years ago, 29-May-04, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

        Re: Need inspiration for town buildings —John Neal
     (...) Well, Brian, check out the buildings from the under-construction TCLTC layout: (URL) Some are what I call "background buildings" (meant to be on the edge of the module and thus are thin to conserve space), and some are full sized. Hope they (...) (20 years ago, 29-May-04, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, FTX)

        Re: Need inspiration for town buildings —Kevin Wilson
     Brian Kendig wrote in message ... (...) people (...) I second the suggestion to look at train club show pics. There's lots of good work out there. Just walking around and taking pics is very helpful too: I find myself looking at roofs a lot :-) The (...) (20 years ago, 30-May-04, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

        Re: Need inspiration for town buildings —Marc Nelson, Jr.
   (...) A good book for fast food restaurants is (URL) Orange Roofs, Golden Arches>, by Phillip Langdon. I am consulting it for a series of micro-scale fast food joints I am working on. If you own a digital camera, I would recommend keeping it on your (...) (20 years ago, 30-May-04, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, FTX)