 Town / 7471
Re: BrickTopia - Coast Watch HQ
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Wed, 19 May 2004 03:57:38 GMT

"Geoff Gray" <geoffgr@comporium.net> wrote in message
news:Hxx6nv.11t3@lugnet.com...
Once again, this is extremely impressive. I always like seeing your latest • and
greatest. So when are you bringing Bricktopia to Brickfest?????? (Hint
Hint).

Thanks - For some reason, I never make it to Brickfest (or related events).
I guess I just like smaller gatherings.

I have to ask though, where do you get all the parts for these? It looks • like
you must buy 10 or 20 kits for each building. I wish I had that kind of
money....(sniff)

This stuff has been acquired over the years.  Here are the sources of some
of the high volume parts:

trans blue gates, gate housing, 1x6x11 trans-dark-blue panels - 3 Neptune
Discovery lab sets I bought at retail (very difficult to find at the time I
was scavenging for them), plus key parts from about 6-8 more copies that I
acquired via trades in the pre-BrickLink era.

4x4x6 trans black curved panels, 1x4x3 trans black panels - Discounted
police station and train station sets (about 9 in combination) bought at
retail.  Plus many more from BrickLink

dark gray technic beams - Great find at LIC Anaheim Pick-a-Brick - I picked
up the vast quantities seen plus many more for about $15 total.  All of the
internal structural elements holding up the floors also use these.  I have
1x12 and 1x14 beams.

Aquazone piping/columns - above mentioned Neptune Discovery Lab plus many
other Aquazone sets, and about 3 large BrickLink orders.  Note that these
columns also appear in other BrickTopia buildings (stock exchange, train
station) that are still built.  Nobody seems to want the kind with the studs
on the side, so they are cheap.

Trans Blue Domes - I got several Android something base sets at 50% off
right after my dark ages (probably around 2000)

4x8x6 dark gray bay windows - Bricklink - these are going for about $2-$4
each right now