 Town / 7466
7465  |  7467
Subject:
Functional Lego Sawmill with movies
Newsgroups:
lugnet.build, lugnet.build.minifigs, lugnet.town, lugnet.western
Date:
Tue, 18 May 2004 04:44:57 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

Well now that brickshelf finally is allowing movies again , I though I would
upload the movies of the major parts of the sawmill

Sawmill

Movies

This mill was made for a VLC event last year. made in may 2003 for a Public
display at the Cloverdale museum with the Vancouver Lego club
( www.vlc.ca )

there are only 3 motors in the whole modual that are all belt driven in case of
a jam.
When first made it could run for hours with 0% mess ups . But after moved
something inside
went a little screwy and it had to be watched to make sure it didn't mess up .

The model has no mindstorm automation in it . Its 100% timing and mechanical
devices

Research and Development to build so it would work took about 20 hours with
about 6 hours
to detail.

It was next to other moduals that hid the blue supports.

Sorry for the poor quality of movies , but i didn't wanthte files to be to big.

A big thanks to Robin Sather that lent me the 5 feet of lego chain.

To see other pics of the layout that its from go to www.vlc.ca and surf around
for
Site for Surrey muesum pics .

Thanks for reading !