 Town / 7380
    Amish Farm —David Gregory
   Greetings brethren, I have constructedeth an Amish farm. This MOC madeth its first public appearance at an IndyLUG layout GATS in Indianapolis in October 2003, where it found favor in the eyes of many. The entire farm covereth several baseplates. (...) (20 years ago, 25-Apr-04, to lugnet.town, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX) !!

        Re: Amish Farm —Bruce Hietbrink
     Cooleth! In addition to the barn construction itself, my favorite details are the guy stripping bark off of logs, the buggies, and what looks to be a hand-pushed lawnmower leaning against the house (could you put up a clearer picture of this?). I'm (...) (20 years ago, 26-Apr-04, to lugnet.town, FTX)

         Re: Amish Farm —David Gregory
     (...) Yes, that is a hand-pushed lawnmower leaning against the house. At the Indianapolis GATS I had a guy actually mowing the lawn; the unmowed grass was green plates on top of the baseplate, and the mowed grass was green tiles beside that. I'll (...) (20 years ago, 27-Apr-04, to lugnet.town, FTX)

         Re: Amish Farm —Jonathan Wilson
     (...) I am sure that there is a nice wood-fired pizza oven somewhere for the amish to use :) (20 years ago, 27-Apr-04, to lugnet.town)

        Re: Amish Farm —Tony Hafner
     (...) But where art the rest of the detail shots? Anyone "churning the butter" in the house? And when this was at the train show, was there anyone in a straw hat attacking the power regulators? (2 URLs) AndroDan>> Tony Hafner (URL) www.hafhead.com> (20 years ago, 26-Apr-04, to lugnet.town, FTX)

         Re: Amish Farm —David Gregory
     (...) Well, I'm a little ashamed to admit it, but I did have a couple of Amish minifigs go renegade on a power pole at the GATS: (URL) If you want to see an Amish guy attacking power regulators and such, you'll have to check out my Amish Renegade (...) (20 years ago, 27-Apr-04, to lugnet.town, FTX)

         Re: Amish Farm —Tony Hafner
     (...) Perfect! That's exactly the kind of detail I was looking for. (...) Heh- I was looking at it yesterday when it went down for exceeding the hourly bandwidth. Beautiful! (2 URLs) AndroDan>> Tony Hafner (URL) www.hafhead.com> (20 years ago, 27-Apr-04, to lugnet.town, FTX)

        Re: Amish Farm —Chris Maddison
     (...) David, I've spent bits and pieces of the last couple days looking over these pics, loving everything I see. I'm pretty impressed with the perfect simplicity of the cellar door, the lawnmower that others have mentioned, the cornfield, and most (...) (20 years ago, 27-Apr-04, to lugnet.town, FTX)

        Re: Amish Farm —Mike Petrucelli
     (...) Thats great. I love the little details like taking the bark off the logs and the carrot patch. Truly, an inspiration to anyone building a farm. -Mike Petrucelli (20 years ago, 27-Apr-04, to lugnet.town, FTX)

        Re: Amish Farm —Mark Williams
   Wow, nice MOC. And that is a HUGE barn!! Great design on it though, I really like it! And also, great design with the cellar/basement do.r! If only you'd made the entire thing on a hill so you could include the basement. Great work!!! -Mark Visit (...) (20 years ago, 28-Apr-04, to lugnet.town, FTX)