 Town / 7358
Re: Al Macs Diner, Fall River Mass.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Mon, 19 Apr 2004 17:39:47 GMT

In lugnet.announce.moc, Jonathan Lopes wrote:
   Hello,

Please bear with me.....I think this is a neat story....

A while ago I decided to build a 1950’s style diner. I work for an art book publisher and looked at a book of diners and picked one to replicate. The diner I chose was Al Macs. I had a plan and ordered the parts from Bricklink. While waiting for them to arrive, I decided to research the diner I was building. I discovered that it was located in Fall River, MA, an old mill town in the south eastern section of Massachusetts. My father & his family are from Fall River, so I asked him if he’d heard of Al Macs. He said: “Not only have I heard of it, we used to own it!” I thought it was a wacky coincidence that the diner I chose to build, was once in the family. That made me want to do an even better job with it.

What a great story and what a great diner, Jonathan! The dual, SNOT blues really give a nice, retro look. What would be nice would be an actual pic of the diner to compare to yours. Great work!

JOHN