 Town / 6479
Re: Court House
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.indylug, lugnet.town
Date:
Sun, 27 Jul 2003 15:26:50 GMT

Mark Peterson wrote:

As you can see it is built up upon baseplates to acheive stairs and small lawn
area.  I hope to put a cannon on a corner and possibly a memorial.  The building
is Tan with a weathered copper looking roof.  I hope to put a tower in the
center of the building also.

Mark - it's looking good.  The sand green is so good for those weathered
copper effects - I've seen people use the 45 degree slopes before (and
you can even get corners in those now, thanks to Quality Quidditch
Supplies) but plates are a good substitution for lower pitched roofs.
I'm just waiting for someone to do a good model of a German cathedral now.

I can't comment on the authenticity (are you sure about trans-light blue
windows? ;-) ) but I like the spacious setting you've created for it.
To steal a quote, how's it going to end?  With a dome (stunning, tricky,
probably completely inauthentic!) or a four-way junction in the middle
(trickier than it looks to get just right)?

Alastair

--
LEGO creations: http://www-users.york.ac.uk/~acd114/lego/lego.html