 Town / 6386
Re: U.C. Berkeley's South Hall - MOC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Mon, 7 Jul 2003 18:01:26 GMT

Wonderful!
So you going to do the rest of the campus? Ha Ha

We were back at Cal for CAL DAY this year with the kids (all BayLUG members) and
saw South Hall again while waiting to go up to the top of the Campanile. I was
thinking of building the Campanile (Sather Tower, as seen at
www.berkeley.edu/visitors/ campanile.html) of LEGO but with the SF Waterfront
project, have not had time .

BTW, there was also an adjacent North Hall built at the same time as South,
though with different architecture. Its long gone now. Seen here on the left,
with South on the right.
http://sunsite.berkeley.edu/CalHistory/photos-large/north1.big.jpg

Other interesting UC campus buildings/constructions, old and newer are: Sather
Gate http://www.berkeley.edu/visitors/, the ASUC building
http://www.ucmp.berkeley.edu/people/brs/books/asucsm.jpg , Evans Hall
http://www.ocf.berkeley.edu/~jmwong/photos/Evans%20Hall%20from%20Bechtel.jpg,
Zellerbach Auditorium
http://facilities.calperfs.berkeley.edu/zellerbach_auditorium/jpg/front_.jpg
and maybe the most interesting, Hearst Mining Building
http://www.coe.berkeley.edu/hearstopening/history.html.

Mark Benz (Cal BSME '82)
BayLUG/BayLTC