 Town / 6351
Re: U.C. Berkeley's South Hall - MOC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Tue, 1 Jul 2003 19:10:59 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Brian Stokes wrote:
Greetings,

After to a year of interspersed building and three train shows I finally got
around to posting some pics. of my recreation of South Hall from U.C. Berkeley.

I was inspired to build South Hall for several reasons:
1. it's red (and I've got a lot of red).
2. it is the first building ever on a U.C. campus.
3. I liked the architecture.

I personally have never been to Cal and thus have I've never actually seen South
Hall. I just looked up pictures on the web and built from those (several of them
are included on the Brickshelf link). My friend Dan Pearson from the SCLTC who
is an architecture grad. from Cal said it's an awesome recreation of South Hall.

If you have any comments, critiques, or questions please let me know.

Brian Stokes
(SCLTC)
(LUGOLA)

Hello Brian,

In my opinion, this is simply one of the best (if not the best) building MOC's
by a fan I have ever seen in my life. You capture so many of the details and
bring them to life, that I try to capture in my buildings. Simply fantastic.

My only gripe, and there is nothing you could have done about it, is that there
isn't a medium colored brick color between Sand Red and Red. Fortuantely the
abundance of grey tends to mute the bright red quite nicely.

If you are able: please, more pictures.

I am blown away for the first time in a long time.

Fantastic.

Best,
Jonathan