 Town / 5880
Re: New MOC: Triplane
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town, lugnet.build
Date:
Wed, 26 Mar 2003 17:29:11 GMT

In lugnet.town, Tobbe Arnesson writes:
Overall picture.

<<snip>>

Please LMKWYT, and don't be afraid to criticize.

And criticize I will :)

The motor looks a tad too bulky, the pilot can't really see out of his cockpit.
My suggestion is to tune down the engine area or make the pilot sit higher up
in the fuselage (a combination?).

Also, the tri-wings sit a tad too close to each other. It would not hurt to
raise them a little. I think this would reduce the feeling it can't fly very
well (it looks to heavy for the wings but some planes do in real life too).

Otherwise it's a great plane and the black/red is a winning color combo!

Best regards,
/Tobbe
http://www.lotek.nu
(remove SPAM when e-mailing)

Thanks, I need all the help I can get!  The size of the engine had always
bothered me, but I couldn't seem to get it to look right (hence the useless
tubing).  The plane looked to thin 4-wide, and to fat 6-wide.  I stuck with
6-wide and made the wings beefier, so it looked a little better.  I'm
searching the Internet for a good picture of a tri-plane I can have for
reference.

Thanks again,

Nathan

Lord of the LEGO