 Town / 5827
Re: my ideas for SNOT pieces & several new MOC's,
Newsgroups:
lugnet.build.minifigs, lugnet.build.microscale, lugnet.town
Date:
Sat, 15 Mar 2003 11:55:56 GMT

In lugnet.build.minifigs, Bruce Hietbrink writes:
In lugnet.announce.moc, Jeff Szklennik writes:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Jeff-S/Misc-Ideas/snotstud.jpg
Similar to above, but with hollow studs

I like your proposed pieces.  I've always thought a plate with studs on both
sides would be a really useful piece.

O they are. I've got a few of them, but they're not LEGO. They were made by
Tyco. They also made the opposite ie. a plate with spaces for studs on both
sides. see http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/almac/misc/tyco.jpg

The only problem with the is they're not a standard plate thickness. The
'male' ones are very thin  - about 1/3 of a plate thick (exclding the
studs), and the 'female' ones are a standard Tyco plate thickness ie. 1/2 a
brick.

If you're willing to modify bricks, you could always hack the plate part off
a few of these - http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/4081b

Cheers,
Allister