 Town / 5757
Re: MOC: Wal-Mart, Bob Evans, raised tracks (preliminary layout)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Thu, 27 Feb 2003 01:26:57 GMT

"Dirk Staatsen" <lego@nedlux.com> writes:
Hi all,

Having moved about a year ago, we now finally have a room entirely devoted
to Lego. Over the last year, we have been working on several layouts, the
first of which ended up taking up too much space.

We are now working on a layout complete with raised tracks (to save space),
a Wal-Mart, a Bob Evans, and a McDonald's, as well a rural area. We have not
decided yet whether to expand or eliminate the soccer stadium. A downtown
area is to follow.

Please note that the current photos show a very preliminary layout :-).

http://www.nedlux.com/lego

Dirk

What is Bob Evans?

Your McD's and Wal*Mart are quite authentic-looking.  But speaking as
someone who does not think very highly of the way that our towns are
being taken over by the franchises and chains in RL, I'd encourage you
to include more locally owned businesses ...

Great start - I can't wait to see when it's all "done" (as if anything
in LEGO is ever really done...)

Are you building it in a modular fashion so you can take it to shows
or will it never leave your home?

--Bill.

"A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by
little statesmen and philosophers and divines."        - Emerson