 Town / 5733
    Annoying color changes to 2003 sets —Brad Hamilton
   With the latest round of 2003 postings, I noticed that two of my favorite town/train sets have new, significantly more obnoxious, colors as compared to older shots. Train station: Old: (URL) Train: (old on the box top, new as actual model in front) (...) (22 years ago, 17-Feb-03, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

        Re: Annoying color changes to 2003 sets —Jeroen de Haan
     In lugnet.town, Brad Hamilton writes: [snip]>Passenger Train: (...) the box the train has a pantograph and 2 small windows while the "real thing" misses those. Jeroen (22 years ago, 17-Feb-03, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

        Re: Annoying color changes to 2003 sets —Ondrew Hartigan
     (...) I do agree that the old version was more appealing to me but I do have to make the argument that I think the color change was a good idea. I say this mostly because the change makes the set more appealing to kids and is more likely to catch (...) (22 years ago, 17-Feb-03, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

        Re: Annoying color changes to 2003 sets —Benjamin Medinets
   (...) It is a very interesting topic. My guess is that the box art is just preliminary work of a concept artist, (in pre-production) where as the models at the fair are what the company decided to go with. I hope not... I too like the old models (in (...) (22 years ago, 18-Feb-03, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)