 Town / 5471
Re: Honey, I shrunk the Chateau!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.town
Date:
Tue, 19 Nov 2002 15:34:29 GMT

In lugnet.build.arch, John Neal writes:
When I built my chateau a few years back, it was simply an exercise of love--
bulk bricks had just become available, and the doors to creating larger and
more complicated and detailed MOCs were opened.  It, however, became this large
labor of love that I didn't know what to do with, much less where to put it.

Well, I couldn't bring myself to completely dismantle it, so I downsized it!
:-)  I turned it into a "backdrop" building for the TCLTC layout, and now it
can live out a useful life.

Here is a link to the original:

And here it is today:

Rick Moranis, eat your heart out;-)  Also check out a slightly modified
interlocking tower that utilizes the new brown stairs from the Privet Drive set
(also in the same folder).  More pics soon of some more new buildings as I get
them up in the next few days.

-John

Hi John,

My apologies for the deliquency in noticing this. (I've actually had to do
'work' at work the past few days).
Very nice. Looks to me like a Mayoral Mansion for a city. Any plans to put a
cityesque landsacape around it?

What parts are the columns between the windows made with?

Thanks,
Jonathan