 Town / 5249
Re: BrickTopia Luxury Apartments
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Mon, 23 Sep 2002 22:51:41 GMT

In lugnet.town, Kevin McMillin writes:
Wow!  As usual, you have taken seemingly useless elements and used them in
ways no other person has thought possible.  I love the pool design.

Thanks for the compliments.

How did
you attach the panels?
The panels are attached by using a 2x2x3.3? aquazone column with a 2x4 set
of studs on the side.  I used one of these pieces on each side of the panel
assembly at the bottom.  The panel assembly is heavily reinforced with
bricks behind each of the panel pieces.  The whole thing is surprisingly sturdy.

I actually started experimenting with this technique with computer models as
seen here:
http://members.cox.net/bhamilto1/ldraw/condo.htm

I never knew if it would really work in the real world until now.