 Town / 5162
Re: Any new towns in the works?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Tue, 10 Sep 2002 20:09:52 GMT

In lugnet.town, Dave Amos writes:
I, being the town addict I am, wanted to know if there are any lego towns
going up out there that are almost finished, or are almost to a point where
you'd want to share them with the community?  It'll give me something to
look forward to!  Also, most cities are never really "finished", so what
makes you decide to share them?  What is "critical mass"?  Interested to
hear some thoughts!

-Dave

Hi Dave,
I'm currently working on a typical Brooklyn/Bronx, NYC style residential
block. I am awaiting parts and funds for parts to get it to the stage that I
will be showing it off.
I have a large corner apartment building with a bodega on the street level,
a (another) old style firehouse, a three floor walk-up apartment building
and another building which I have yet to design/build. It will have more
details and little things than my other dioramas have.

I have plans for incorporating all my creations into a city at some point
but NYC real estate costs prevent me from displaying it all at once, no room
in my apartment. (one day I hope to be able to display it).

I tend to show my MOC's before they are really ready to be shown, and do so
with really bad pictures (see my Brickshelf folder).

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=Jonathanlopes

I am going to try to avoid doing that this time. I will probably wait to see
what the 30-40 new bulk offerings are from LD before I post completed
pictures of this one. I would really like to make the sidewalks with gray
2x2 tiles and hope that they are offered in bulk. I hope to be satisfied
enough with it to post pictures by the end of the year if not sooner.

How about you?

Best,
Jonathan