 Town / 4686
Re: starting a town
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Fri, 24 May 2002 15:07:03 GMT

I generally don't start out thinking of a whole town.  I might want to build a
seaside cottage, for example, then maybe a garden for it.  Then I think of a
house to go next door, and pretty soon I've got a little village.  But then, my
layouts tend to look as though there was no major plan for development, so you
may want to concentrate on one thing at a time but keep in mind the bigger
picture as Larry suggests.

Maggie C.

In lugnet.town, Larry Lesser writes:
I always start with drawing out my ideas before I even start. Also you want
to have a lot of area so that you can walk around your town and build it up.

In lugnet.town, Jacob Sparre Andersen writes:
Kishin Wadhwani wrote:

Hi all , i would like to build a town , is there a perticular set that i
should start whith or how should i approach it . Any ideas, thanks.

Since a town usually starts as a few houses, you should get
your hands on:

* A box of doors and windows.
* A box of roof pieces (sloped bricks) or plates.
* A box of 1×N bricks.

(can't remember the numbers)

Jacob