 Town / 4667
Re: Café 361 open for business again!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Sun, 19 May 2002 21:56:01 GMT

In lugnet.announce.moc, Jason J. Railton writes:
"My Own Custom" anyone?

Yes, please! :-)

I wanted to build some new town buildings to go around my train layout.  I
also wanted to re-build a lot of my old sets, but I know that they wouldn't
be suitable.  Then I hit on the idea of doing both, by modernising an old set.

So, here it is.  This is the earliest Lego set I ever remember having - the
<set:361> Café with Baker's Van.  I must have been about four years old when
I had this.  Now see my new version at:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/j.j.railton/town/index.html

And in case you're wondering - yes, if you take the building up you will
still find white spots on the baseplate.

LMKWYT - or if you've got any old sets you'd like to update.  Better yet,
let LEGO themselves know.  I'm sure there's plenty of scope for new releases
here.

Well, I love it! My highlights would be the SNOT sign and the TV outside (I
hope the weather is sunny, otherwise everyone will miss the WC ;-)
The PTC is very finely modelled, congratulations for it as well.

Now, if I were to customize a set... my first choice would be that old Coast
Guard Base (back from the time of the "stiffies"), which I'd turn into an
oil rig. There might be room for a "doubling" in size, whilst keeping the
proportions similar. Picture a 64 x 64 studs base with a giant oil rig on
top of it... mmmm... :-)

Keep up with the renovations; I'm very curious to see what you will achieve!

Pedro