 Town / 4484
Re: What is Correct Pronunciation of "Paradisa"?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Sun, 31 Mar 2002 00:11:19 GMT

In lugnet.general, Greg Perry writes:
A bit of a silly question, I know, but is it "Para-DI-sa" or "Para-DEE-sa"?

I searched the newsgroups for previous comments on this subject but came up
empty-handed.  This question has been bugging me a bit lately because I just
completed a huge project that incorporated several Paradisa sets into it.
When folks ask me where I got all the Pink and Light Green pieces ("I didn't
know they had LEGO in those colors") I've been telling them that most of the
parts came from Paradisa sets.  I usually end up pronouncing it both ways.

Does anyone know if there is correct way to say "Paradisa" and what it is?

Thanks!

Greg

Hi Greg... I'm no expert and being Australian may also cause me to say
things a little different (ha ha), but I have always and only heard it said
"Para-DEE-sa".  Not only that but I think it has a nicer ring to it than the
other way.  "Para-DI-sa" is too close (and plain) to 'Paradise'.  I would
say "Para-DEE-sa" could be more correct as it sounds more classy and kinda
Frenchy sounding... rather than too close to the original 'Paradise'?.

Mel (loves her Para-DEE-sa sets :))

www.brickzine.com