 Town / 418
Re: What happened to Sanjay D'Souza and his Millenium City???
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Sun, 9 Jan 2000 06:40:25 GMT

<scratches head>  ....huh?......<confused look on face>  ....John.....what are
you trying to say?......  ;)

I guess I should offer an explanation of what's going on with regards to
Millennium City....

1)  Millennium City was assembled in the space of a week in October during which
about 500 Digital Camera images were taken.

2) The entire city was then hastily (and I mean hastily!) disassembled and
shoved into bags, cupboards etc about 7 hours after the city was completed.  I
don't have the space to keep a fully assembled LEGO city.

3) Since that time I've been packing away the sets proper (until I get a bigger
house).  I've currently got a handful of sets to go.

4) I've decided to put off completing the webpage until the packing is
completed.  In the mean time I've resumed my rotation of the images on the first
page.  These are half the size of the originals.

So as it stands I've got a CD with copies of the images I've taken (about
130mb's).  These will be the basis of the webpage.

The latest image is taken from Pinehaven looking back towards City Central (you
can see the Meridian Hotel and Stamford Towers behind the riding stable).  The
lighting towers from Millennium Stadium also form part of the cityscape.

Sanjay

John Matthews wrote:

Hey! You can't do that! ;)

After the big story last year, which had us all drooling, then the
announcement and teasers for Millenium City, you must continue!

You can't tell me that you procured all of that LEGO just to 'pack my entire
LEGO collection away' and not show it off!

Pictures man, we want pictures!

Build On! (or not in this case)

John Matthews
(who is planning is own Millenium City to be shown on January 1, 3000)

Sanjay D'Souza <Sds87@hotmail.com> wrote in message
Ummm......last time I checked I was still in one piece.  I've responded
privately to Brendan but incase anyone out there is interested,  (and I've
worked out that there are two of you) Millennium City is still in the • works but
has moved down the list of priorities at the moment.

I'm aiming to pack my entire LEGO collection away before committing a • serious
amount to time to finishing the webpage.   In the mean time I'll resume • the
rotation of images on the first page starting later today.

Sanjay

Brendan Coughlin wrote:

Hello there fellow Lego TOWN lovers!  This is starting to bother me.  I • have
not heard anything from Sanjay or his city.  Being named MILLENNIUM CITY • I
thought it was going to debut on the first of January.  We have also • done
business together and I haven't heard from him in close to a month?  Has
anyone heard from him or if the Millennium City is done.  I don't have • the
website address on hand so maybe you guys can help me.  I wonder what • has
happened to him.

Concerned,
Brendan