 Town / 3955
  Re: New MOC: Hotel Ambassador - (ISCC)

(...) the shape of the upper floors is not a perfect square or rectangle, even though the base is. The card slots behind the receptionist are a cool detail. And can we assume that the crank hidden in the rear connects to a funtioning elevator? Cool! (...) (23 years ago, 26-Dec-01, to lugnet.town, lugnet.build.contests)

  Re: New MOC: Hotel Ambassador - (ISCC)

You are correct that the crank is for the elevator. One of those unseen but cool details. The "L" shape of the upper floors was a common practice in the early 20th century and I like the added realism it gives. Thanks for the comments! David Kohrman (...) (23 years ago, 27-Dec-01, to lugnet.town, lugnet.build.contests)