 Town / 3881
Re: Pictures from 12/01-12/02 Wilmington MA, Greenberg Show
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Fri, 7 Dec 2001 04:52:07 GMT

So your the guilty party!!!
Thats exactly where I got the idea from.
The front uses red bricks...I dont own any magenta.

Thanks for the cool idea

Tom D
In lugnet.trains, Christopher Tracey writes:
Tom Duggan wrote:

I can't take full credit for it. I actually got the idea from another clubs
website, but I forget wich one.

http://www.peeron.com/pics/GATS/thumbnails/houseontracks.jpg.html

and some more pics

This was something I built almost two years ago.  When I was browsing
through the NELUG show pics I saw it and was amazed that someone picked
up on a design that I worked out so long ago.  What's even more wierd is
that I've been thinking about the design a lot lately as I plan out a
new version of it.  I can't believe I used to build such small
buildings.  Did you use magenta bricks on the front of the buiding as
detail colors?  It looks like you used red on the side. I really like
the combination of the magenta and the gray for an art deco look, as in
this building:

I'm basing the new diner on this scheme.

Anyway, I was glad to see someone else using the technique for the
windows.  Keep up the good work!

-chris

The windows are actually simple. They use 2 1x1 technic bricks with 1/2
pins, and are seperated by 2 1x1 plates. They are not very stable, since
they are only held on one side, but they work well enough for me.

ps.  I don't remember if this is true or not but I had great difficultly
trying to attach the paradisa windows on both ends.  Critical distances
and SNOT technique don't always work all that well.