 Town / 3513
Re: OT: Vespertine
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.town
Date:
Fri, 31 Aug 2001 02:28:35 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Iain Hendry writes:
I normally wouldn't do this, but with the number of posts Ben posts about
buying new sets...

<rib rib poke poke jostle>     ;)

well now that you mention it...the set I won sometime about 10 days ago,
came.  It was the 1490 bank.  I won't disclose how much I actually paid for
it... suffice to say it was more than I think it was worth.  It isn't too
bad designed...it just too bad there isn't more of them available.
The only thing it might need is an ATM on the side (for a drive-through effect).
I think the town junior armored cars are better designed (at least the back
of it is...if the front was "classic" designed it would look real good.
Anyways...I am still in the process of uploading the pics...I got a few more
shots of my fire station, but I lack the time to post them, or I had some
technicle difficulties.

Thanks,

Benjamin Medinets

I finally made it to Future Shop to get Vespertine, Bjork's latest album. I
was never a fan of Debut, only a few songs grabbed me on Post. Homogenic
absolutely BLEW ME AWAY.

I couldn't listen to Vespertine on the drive home, beacause the drive from
Future Shop on 8 to my house is like 20 minutes. I hate interrupting Bjork.

I've just finished listening through twice. All I can say is it's absolutely
breathtaking. She's managed to make me feel things I didn't know I was
allowed to feel. My entire body was lurching violently to "Unison". The
frighteningly sudden climax of "It's Not Up To You" made me bounce nearly
one half-metre off of my chair. "An Echo, A Stain" made me melt into the
very fibres that make up said chair. Thankfully, "Harm of Will"
reconstructed my fragile body from the deatomizing effects of siting here,
absorbing Bjork's finest.

Glorious.

   Iain