 Town / 3341
3340  |  3342
Subject:
where is 2234???
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Sat, 21 Jul 2001 14:26:58 GMT

I seen the July/August (Lego Mania) magazine last night (a friend had
it)....and it had the 2234 police chase in it for a 10.00 catalogue special...
well it turns out I phoned Lego Shop @ Home because it said on-line:
"not available" ... the kind and curteous lady at Lego Shop @ Home
(customer service) said the set was "permanently out-of-stock" and they
were substituting a power pit-stop instead....

I know both sets are town junior sets, but $10 US for a police chase set....
I seen it on e-bay going for over 40.  Also, since the price of road plates
is about $6 US by themselves....you get a whole bunch of pieces (around
100) for $4 US....that's what I would call a deal....

unfortunately, I would consider this an old bait and switch marketing
technique....offer a "reasonable set" for a good value (not to mention
extremely rare) and then switch it for a less valued, less rare set (which
they probably go quite a bit of them!!!)

That is quite a shame, I am very disappointed!!!!

Benjamin Medinets

ps - The other interesting fact on it is I looked up the quantity owned
in the lugnet set guide, and only 1 person had it....seems very strange
that lego would offer a set, and only one guy would have it.....

that is very, very strange.