 Town / 283
Re: Legoville...nearly complete.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Mon, 6 Dec 1999 22:15:31 GMT

Jonas Marcho <bolahead@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
news:FMAs3x.FsJ@lugnet.com...
Thanks for the pointers on a Hospital, I actually have an idea about • making
one now. As for the Ambulance, I already have it built from instructions I
downloaded at www.brickshelf.com. I'm trying to fit the Hospital into a • very
small space (about 12x24), so it would fit into my 'Town, Jr.'. I have • plenty
of large windows, with red frames, and I have stickers for the bottoms of • them
from an old Idea Book.

As a kid my city never had a hospital, as my parents never purchased the
Paramedic Unit that was released in 1980 (I didn't have enough pieces to
build one myself).  So in the event of a emergency like an earthquake or an
invasion by my brother's plastic toy soldiers where there were casualties,
the injured were tended to by the police and left to recover on the side of
the road.  Shocking but true.

I finally got my hands on the Hospital set #6380 in 1989, just before I lost
interest in LEGO and packed my Town away.

What I would LIKE to do I have a highway instead of a harbor. But the new
Highway Construction set is $80, which is FAR too expensive for those • three or
four big highway plates.

I'd like to see how people manage to incorporate those "elevated roadways"
into a town design.  I'd imagine you'd have to have a pretty decent sized
layout to justify having one.

Sanjay