 Town / 2624
Re: Town Building Contest - encouragement to vote!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Fri, 9 Mar 2001 02:15:18 GMT

In lugnet.town, Kevin Wilson writes:
So far I've had 20 votes in the Town Building Contest, which really isn't
enough. Voting closes on the 16th, so please, check out the entries at
http://www.lugnet.com/~41/towncomp/2001 and send in your votes!

I don't know about everyone else, but the reason I haven't sent in my votes
yet is because I haven't finished... it takes forever just to download the
images just to view a single entry, then repeat the process until I have a
winner for that category. Then I have to do that for each category... it's
taking a while. Also, sometimes I really like 2 or 3 entries in 1 category
and that takes forever to decide.

But I'll get there eventually! I suspect there may be others who are taking
as long and merely haven't finished yet. Perhaps you could encourage more
people to actually hand in their votes by allowing them to pick 2 winners
per category? (would make it MUCH easier to pick, but the tallying would
become more difficult. Also, the people who've already voted properly would
probably want to resubmit their votes...). I'm also guessing that maybe some
people don't want to look at every category; in which case perhaps you could
tell people it's ok to leave sections blank for the sake of getting the most
legitimate votes in?

Mark W.