 Town / 2496
Re: Question about Highway Construction Set #6600
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Sun, 25 Feb 2001 00:33:54 GMT

You guys are quite right in saying that the bridge is a little wobbly, and
that the ramps are a bit steep.  I like the fact that it added a couple
additional construction vehicles to my town layout (I hadn't bought too
many pieces of that type of equipment up to that point)
I also liked the police SUV with the "road/lane closed" sign at the back
and the lights.
As far as infrastructure goes....it allows me to make an imaginary river
boundary between the downtown core of my town, and a residential suburb.

In lugnet.town, Frank Filz writes:
kai brodersen wrote:

In lugnet.town, Christopher J. Dean writes:
I am thinking about purchasing this set.  Does the bucket to the Dump truck
tip, or is it fixed to the truck?  Also, how sturdy are the bridge plates?
Your response is appreciated.

The plates are sturdy, they will woble if you dont build the supports
right-- very unrealistic.  the dump truck does work.

The curved road part does end up being somewhat unsturdy. If you press
down much at all on the outside edge, it can pretty easily pop off and
send vehicles flying. The problem is that the supports are only at the
ends, so the center of the outside edge is pretty far from the
centerline between the two supports. The system does look pretty good
though, I used mine to make a raised highway over part of my mini beach
area scene (and haven't opened the other two 6600s that I have to make a
longer highway).