 Town / 2493
Re: Question about Highway Construction Set #6600
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Fri, 23 Feb 2001 20:44:44 GMT

In lugnet.town, Christopher J. Dean writes:
I am thinking about purchasing this set.  Does the bucket to the Dump truck
tip, or is it fixed to the truck?  Also, how sturdy are the bridge plates?
Your response is appreciated.

The plates themselves are fairly sturdy, but I have found that the entire
structure does not seem to line up right. I can not get all of the base
bricks, including the slots (is there a specific name for the slots under a
brick?) on the ramps to all stay attached. If I try and force them down, or
"cement" them down with attached side bricks, then there is a lot of stress,
like you see in cartoons, and one of the top plates shoots off.

The truck does dump.  The crane is great, except the swivel part of the
snapped off pretty easily too, until I added some plates.

Plus, the ramps are too steep and the initial "bump" onto them is too big
for all but the monster trucks (which, truthfully, is just about all they
make anymore. But the cool dinosaur island roadster can't make it up the
slope, for instance.)  All in all, though, I was thrilled Lego added some
infrastructure I could use to add to my city.