 Town / 2440
    Re: contest voting mechanism —Amy Hughes
   (...) I could also use cookies to make sure that each computer was used for voting just once. There are ways to cheat this, too, and it may prevent a couple legitimate votes (e.g. family votes), but no system is perfect. This would prevent an AOL (...) (23 years ago, 19-Feb-01, to lugnet.town)

        Re: contest voting mechanism —Jacob Sparre Andersen
   Amy: (...) Generally e-mail authentication is a useful method, but there are some of us who have "a few" addresses (on different domains of course ;-). Having an annoying sense of what is right and wrong, I am afraid I might not use the possibility (...) (23 years ago, 20-Feb-01, to lugnet.town, lugnet.build.contests)