 Town / 219
218  |  220
Subject:
My Thoughts on the 2000 Line...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Fri, 12 Nov 1999 10:36:25 GMT

Soccer - although I probobly will end up buying a few of those 'Soccer Bus'
sets simply for the number of minifigs contained within, I must say that this
is a terrible looking theme. These sets pake in comparison to the promotional
Soccer sets released in Europe during 1998.

Knight's Kingdom - it's Castle, although it appears they don't want to dress
it up that way. I personally like the 'villains' of this theme. They have the
ugliest and meanest looking faces I have ever seen. As for the spring-loaded
battering ram, I'll buy ten and shoot them at the cats.

Arctic - clever, but it's just like Divers. There isn't a whole lot of fun
involved here, and if you ask me this is just Legos was of releasing a lot of
cool new elements and making a few extra bucks. Sure, I'll buy a few of these.
But what am I going to do with a trans-light green spider?

Adventurers - 'Island of the Dinosaurs' is a clever idea, I think. I have
always enjoyed the Adventurers theme, and making us wait until July is almost
cruel considering the neat parts and elements that are sure to come with this
theme. Maybe next year we'll see Ancient Greece or a Mining Adventure?

RoboRiders - this is just recycled crap, sort of like the ThrowBots. I plan to
purchase them and incorporate them in some sort of battle against the
ThrowBots or each other. Can they all combine into one big RoboRider? It
doesn't look like it.

Model Team - those sets look easy. I'll bet they will cost a lot, as usual. I
will not be buying these, because all Lego is trying to do here is cash in on
those helpless Star Wars fans who have to own EVERYTHING with the words 'Star
Wars' on them.

Town - nothing special here, but of course I'll bet some cool sets will appear
in the Shop-at-Home Catalog, as they usually do. I wonder if those big road
peices have the same measurements as normal roadplates? If so, I could picture
the creation of a large town with overpasses and multi-lane highways.

Star Wars - how clever of Lego to make us wait until July for the Millenium
Falcon, MTT, and ATT. I wonder if the MTT will include a lot of battle droids
within, as it did in the movie? I like the way the ATT is put together -
clever use of the big quarter-done elements.

Overall - I want to see what Boba Fett looks like behind the mask.

-Jonas Marcho