 Town / 1805
Re: Amusing Review of 2963 Extreme Racer on Amazon.com
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town, lugnet.fun, lugnet.fabuland, lugnet.reviews, lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 20 Nov 2000 12:40:46 GMT

In lugnet.town, Selçuk Göre writes:

Steve Bliss wrote:

In lugnet.fun, Lorbaat wrote:

Of the pieces in the set, only the exhaust pipes even seem exotic to me.  In
fact, that's why I bought it, to get a pair.  Somehow I'd managed not to get
them.

There is something (to me) un-LEGO about them... they follow such a
non-standard preformed shape, I guess.

Yep.  I know they showed up chrome in a few different sets.  Well, OK, at
least two, one of which is 2963.

They look even weirder (i.e., more un-LEGO-ish) without the chrome.  My
kids have got one set of those, and I can't count the times I've *almost*
thrown them away.  I wish I knew which set *those* came from.

Steve

They can be found on older race type sets (Diesel Daredevil, Screaming
Patriot, Eagle Air Show) but it is originally a Fabuland piece.

Selçuk

Thank you Selçuk!  It is nice to hear someone just say the word Fabuland...
3 weeks or more since it has come up and even better to hear it get credit
for the origin of an element.  [especially one described as *exotic* and
*weird*.  Two very high compliments in my book even if they weren't meant as
such. :-) Thank you Steve!]

They might look weird in some nonFabuland sets because of the proportions,
particularly the diameter of the pipe in relation to the standard
minifigure.  The Fabuland Figure is more wide bodied and thus the  vehicles
are also.  The curves of the exhaust fits the Fabuland style.  It should.
shouldn't it? It was designed for it...

These exhaust pipes are in yellow in <set:3625>  and in red in <set:3671>.

sheree