 Town / 1798
Re: Motorcycles vs 3 wheeled bikes
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Fri, 17 Nov 2000 16:21:16 GMT

In lugnet.town, David Lairson writes:
Hello All,
This is something that has been bugging me for a while but it came to a head
when I bought my Dacta Community Workers set. Why did Lego change from the
motorcycle to the 3 wheeled bike? It seems like such and odd choice to me
but they have to have some reason for it.

I agree 100%.  I just got the Dacta Community Workers set as well and I threw
the trikes in my junk bin right away.  These things are awful but my guess is
that LEGO and/or kids find them more playable because they don't fall down all
the time.  One bonus though is that set does come with 2 bicycles.

I would personally kill for some 2 wheeled motor-cycles.  But I have no use for
the trikes.

And while I'm at it, why is it so hard to find sets with regular cars in it,
like the McDonalds set?

Another great point!  I was searching for some cars just yesterday buy to
include in my LEGO town scene because cars arn't my thing just yet.  I couldn't
find a thing that didn't look like junk.  I ended up just going back to
Brickshelf and building some cars from instructions there.

Eric Kingsley

The New England LEGO Users Group
http://www.nelug.org/