 Town / 1789
Re: Space Port - female astronaut?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town, lugnet.space, lugnet.build.minifigs
Date:
Fri, 17 Nov 2000 10:12:56 GMT

In lugnet.town, Bradley Dale writes:
This is another example of TLC puting the star female minifigure in only the
largest set.  It happened in Arctic.  It happened in Knights Kingdom.  And it
will happen again.  I really wish I could get this figure in the Value Pack,
which is has two astronauts.  I wouldn't hate the male astronaut if I didn't
already have his face from Space Police, Aquanauts, and Exploriens.  Enough!  I
think he was in Launch Command too!

Nope.  The Launch Command astronauts had the same face as the technicians
from the same theme.  Still a microphone head, but not all spacey looking
like the Spaceport version.  Just the "eyebrows edition" smiley face with a
little headset added.  You know, the type of thing you'd expect to see on
someone working at McDonald's.

I prefer the Launch Command version myself.  It actually looks good on
minifigs who are wearing hats or hair instead of helmets.  Then again, I
like pretty much all of Launch Command better than Space Port ("DAAHH WE
MADE A BIG TALL NOISY SPACE ROCKET AND STUCK TINY WINGS ON IT SO NOW ITS A
SPACE SHUTTLE SO BUY IT" and "DAAHH LOOKEE HERE WE MADE A REALLY LITTLE
SPACESHIP SO IT MUST BE A FLIGHT SIMULATOR" and "DAAHH NO TECHNICIANS ARENT
IMPORTANT WHAT DO THEY DO").

-Andrusi &&