 Town / 1370
Re: Mall/Arcade
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Sat, 5 Aug 2000 22:26:37 GMT

"Greg Howell" <meowdammit99@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:FytoKM.5yq@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.town, David Williams writes:
I've decided to finish my town off with a mall/arcade.
Anyone got ideas?

Shoe stores. You need about thirty shoes stores. Every mall I have ever • been to
has an overwhelming percentage of shoe stores to other stores.

Hmm. now I think of it, I think you're right. Whenever I go shopping with my
girlfriend we end up moving from one shoestore to another...

I have no clue
what a mini figure shoe should look like. =(

Maybe 1x1 tiles in brown and black? A minifig foot is about 1 plate high,
strangely they wear shoes in the same colours as their pants...

I have built clothing stores, you can take minifig torsos apart and "hang" • them
on racks, pile up different tiles and plates to look like clothes...

I did that too, my 'racks'  1xN plates where the 'neck' of a torso is stuck
into. As window display a torso and hairpiece looks okay.

Food courts are reletivly easy also.
It needs at least on electronics store, a book store,

I plan to make a jewelry  shop using the gems from Belville and the crystals
like in the rock raider sets. The small glass domes make great shopping
window material!
Another idea is a money machine (I dunno the english word for it but I think
they're called ATM machines?)
Record store (make little posters of minifig rock-idols!)
Arcadegames gallery (minifig size pinball machines!)
Foodstore/supermarket
Sports store (it could sell footballs and if you figured out how to make
shoes it could also sell sportshoes...)

and, oh yes, an enormuos
toy store that only sells Lego!

I did one: http://members.brabant.chello.nl/~f.buiting/lego/town/outlet.html
the stickers that come with the soccer sets are great for this!

--
Frank Buiting

Visit the LEGO Lexicon: http://members.chello.nl/~f.buiting/lego/