 Town / 10312
  Re: Minifig Segway

Excellent! The minifig was well chosen too as a character you're likely to see riding around. My first look at it had me laughing and I had to look again hours later. I suppose a "mall cop" variant will need to be built as well. Now if you can only (...) (15 years ago, 14-Jul-09, to lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: Minifig Segway

(...) I'm glad you like it. I know that some Space builders have "motorized" cars by using magnets (example: (URL) here>; the YouTube links still work), so maybe something could be done with the Segway, too. The parts I used are pretty common, so it (...) (15 years ago, 15-Jul-09, to lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: Minifig Segway

(...) First person I know of who pulled that off was Steve Ringe from MichLUG, and he did it to have driving cars on a Town/Train layout. (...) It might be harder than you think. The Segway is a pretty small model, so I think the easiest way to pull (...) (15 years ago, 18-Jul-09, to lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: Minifig Segway

(...) I see I neglected to mention that I'd already considered much of what you said, and that I was going to leave the nitty-gritty figuring-out to someone else. : ) I appreciate your insight, though. I've been thinking of the possibility of (...) (15 years ago, 22-Jul-09, to lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: Minifig Segway

(...) Sure, this is the new wide rubber tire that you regularly see on town vehicles these days: (URL) should be the exact same style, but made entirely from plastic (and there's also a thin ridge running down the center of the tread): (URL) I also (...) (15 years ago, 27-Jul-09, to lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: Minifig Segway

(...) OK, thanks. I'll keep that in mind. I think the plastic wheels are little too big for my Segway, but if I ever get a hold of some, I can use them and call it an off-road version; just the thing for the commuter who wants to pretend he's (...) (15 years ago, 15-Aug-09, to lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: Minifig Segway

(...) There are other all-plastic possibilities out there. You can always leave the tires off on the Tiny Turbos chrome-trimmed wheels: (URL) there are these train wheels: (URL) (15 years ago, 16-Aug-09, to lugnet.town, FTX)