 Technic / Slizer/ThrowBots / 46
45  |  47
Subject:
Toa vs Throwbots
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.technic.slizer
Date:
Thu, 31 May 2001 04:33:31 GMT

Just some observations as I was putting together all the Toa I bought.  The Toa
are better figures in general, they stand taller, the maks make for cooler
heads, and the giant weapons they have are much more impressive, but at the
same time there is much less variation between them.  All six follow the same
basic structure.  Strip away the color variations, the masks, and the weapons,
and what's left is three sets with one moving arm, two sets with two moving
arms, and one set with a moving leg.

The throwbots, on the other hand, had Torch the upsidedown one, Ski who in fact
had skis and a ski pole, Scuba with the air hose and propellor, Jet with a
competely different chassis, Electro, Granite, and Turbo who weren't even
humanoid, and Flare who turned into a robo-pteridactyl.  Oh, and Amazon and
Spark who were pretty boring.  Strip away the colors and they were still pretty
distinctive from each other.

That is what stuck me first.  Now, this isn't necessarily a bad thing or a
criticism.  The Toa are much more of a team than the Throwbots were meant to
be, so they should all look similar to each other.  And the Bionicle line has
the Turaga and Rahi for variety.  And frankly, sword-waving and claw-slashing
action is a bit more exciting than flinging those discs ever was.

Okay, ramble over.  Discuss or ignore at your lesure.

Ray Kremer
http://throwbots.virtualave.net/