 Technic / Bionicle / 527
Re: MASSIVE lsit of Bionicle Reviews!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic.bionicle
Date:
Wed, 30 May 2001 23:17:43 GMT

In lugnet.technic.bionicle, Andrew Eade writes:
Well, the local outlet just got a MOuntain of RAHI Sets in! And guess who
got em! Also, the "Card Game", and a giant Shipment of toa! So here we go:

BIONICLE THE TCG-Ok, these are being released in 3 sets, Tahu vs Kopaka,
Lewa vs Onua, and Gali vs Pohatu. They cost $15 each. First off, this is NOT
a collecible card game. buy all 3 decks, you have all the cards, period.
MOst cards have awsome CG works of the Toa and often feature psudo rahi,
much klike the ostriches and cows in Po-Koro. Teh game is much more like
Monopoly than any CCG I ever played. You move your Mask(there are 2 random
masks or teh coresponding colors to teh decks) inserted in each box around a
map of Matanui. you gather Action Cards, Take Mask Challenge(Compare a
score, u win or tie, you win a mask card), and the goal is to be the first
player with all 6 of your masks. Overall, the game isnt too good...not much
if any collectibilkity or deck strategy, NO sign of thee Rahi, no Makuta, no
COmbat(not really), and a massivly useless rule book...not terrible, but not
to great a set: Overall: 4.5 of 10

RAHI REVIEWS-To follow when I get time to build them all, but here are the
Price Points:
NUI RAMA(Dragon Flys)-$15 foir the pair, Comes with 4 TransBlue vresions of
Whenua's mask, includes instructions for a massive Mosquito rahi built with
the 2 sets
NUI JAGA(Scorpions)-$15 for the pair, GIANT BOX. Comes with 2 Purple, and 2
of the light blue used for Slizer Ski's head versions of Onua's Mask, very
cool stuff! Includes instructions for a Large Bird Style Rahi, built wih the
same set.
KANE-RA and MUKATA(Snaping Cats)-$70 for the pair(Yes $70!), 647
elements!!!, They are huge, and I didnt get them, thought my partner in
Crime did, so I have to wait for his review. It does include 2 Infected Hau
Masks, AND Get this: 2 Black versions of Vakama's mask! They look awsome!
Also includes instrutions for a GIANT Rahi Tiger deal, built with their
sets. Tons of unique colored elements!

Still no Nuju, Matau, Tarakava, or Manas yet, but they did get a ton of
Bionicle T-Shirts in...sadly, seeing as I am an XLT, and the biggest they
get is CHILDs Large, im kinda a loser here :(  We will keep you aprised of
new shiments, and as always, we can get sets for those who want some* u need
to pay us first w/ small services charge, then we get em for ya*

Sweeeeeeeeeeet. Any chance of some scans?